MSVC 6.0 or .NET?

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Thu Apr 1 16:24:30 EST 2004

Hi,

I've got CygWIN and the SESI command tools working with the .NET
compilers, I just had to execute the following line in a .cshrc file.

cmd.exe /k "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"

However, there seems to be some other side effects (sorry) that are
rather odd, like not being able to use history with the '!'character,
and some other annoying things.

Anywho, I've just gotten used to using the .NET command line for
compiling and using CyGWIN for the "normal" csh types of operations ...

--Mark