future HOUPLA meeting

Antoine Durr antoine at rhythm.com
Fri Oct 12 18:49:00 EDT 2001

Hi,
  For those of you in the Los Angeles area: I'm trying to plan a
future Houdini user group meeting about the Houdini HDK.  I'd like to
showcase how different facilities have used the hdk to better fit
Houdini into their pipelines.
  The event, which would be sometime in February or March, would
essentially be a gallery of different OPs written by various folks,
with quick demos on how the tools are used.  No source code, just
executables.  The intent would be to promote the hdk, and to show how
far Houdini can be taken in the right hands.  The presentations would
be aimed more at users rather than programmers, i.e. the discussions
would remain functional, rather than implementational (at least,
that's my current thinking on this).
  So the reason I'm writing is that I'm looking for presenters.  If
you have some SOPs/CHOPs/POPs, etc that you'd like to show, please
contact me.  If you haven't written anything lately, but others in
your organization have, can you please forward this email to them?
  Thanks,

-- Antoine

Antoine Durr                                              Rhythm & Hues
Visual Effects                                           5404 Jandy Pl.
antoine at rhythm.com                                Los Angeles, CA 90066
voice: 310/448-7669        pager: 310/232-2961        fax: 310/448-7600