[LHUG] Houdini First-Timer promotion - ends October 31!

Janet Fraser janet at sidefx.com
Mon Oct 24 18:06:34 EDT 2011

This is to remind you that our First-timer promotion ends on
Monday, October 31.

Side Effects is pleased to announce an exciting new promotion
for first-time commercial customers of Houdini. Individual,s
or studios, looking for a new level of flexibility and
control can now save money while enjoying the benefits of
Houdini's procedural node-based workflow.

The Houdini First-Timer promo is for workstation or floating licenses and
- includes Annual Upgrade Plan*
- includes 2 free Batch licenses for 6 months**
- includes unlimited mantra render tokens
- includes early access to Houdini 12

*The Annual Upgrade Plan includes all upgrades, including H12 when it
becomes available, and technical support viasupport at sidefx.com. It also
includes access to our Support Issues Database where you can log and
track feature requests and bugs.

**As an added bonus we are including 2 six-month rentals of Houdini
Batch. Houdini Batch offers you command-line access to all of Houdini's
features. It can be used on the farm for many tasks such as the creation
of render scene files, the batch processing of dynamic simulations, the
creation of multiple "wedges" to create iterations more quickly, or the
caching out of geometry sequences.

Since Houdini Master comes with unlimited Mantra render tokens, these
batch licenses let you keep your workstation free for interactive work
while you render on the farm. Houdini also comes with HQueue, an
artist-friendly job management tool which utilizes Houdini Batch and
Mantra for streamlining all these kinds of tasks. Once the 6 months are
up, we would like to talk to you about your experiences with these back
end tools. This will help us ensure that they are meeting all of your
production needs and fit well into your pipeline.

Restrictions:
-Promotion is available for studios or individuals who are purchasing a
commercial Houdini Master license for the first time.
-Limit of 2 licenses per customer.
-Licenses must be purchased and paid for by October 31,2011 without
exception. Regular pricing resumes on November 1.
-Permanent license of Master, and temporary Batch licenses, will be
issued only on payment confirmation.
-as per the Houdini End User License Agreement, all licenses are
non-transferable
-cannot be combined with any other offer

If you have more questions, or would like an official quote, let me know.

Cheers,
Janet

Janet Fraser                              Tel: 416-504-9876 Ext. 204
Senior Account Executive                  Fax: 416-504-6648
Side Effects Software                     Web: http://www.sidefx.com
123 Front Street West, Suite 1401
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5J 2M2