[LHUG] New Houdini toolbox!

Janet Fraser janet at sidefx.com
Thu Jan 27 12:48:39 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a good holiday and are off to a good start in 2011.

One of our ex-interns, Graham Thompson, has provided some general tools which are now available to the general public for your use.

http://www.houdinitoolbox.com

According to Graham,

"It contains almost 50 assets, scripts and tools that are freely
available to download, use, modify and learn from.  Hopefully
everything should be fairly well documented and easy to understand.
Since I specialize in tool development using HOM/Python you might see
a common theme in that a lot of things use Python.  That's how I like
to work and it might not be for everyone but hopefully you can at
least enjoy the final product or get some ideas of your own.  Requests
are always welcome."

I will be at FMX again this year with Jeff Wagner, our Senior Technical Consultant. Jeff will be doing a number of Houdini presentations.  We'll give you more details on the topics closer to the date.

We're also off to London next week visiting a number of our clients in the Soho area.

Cheers,
Janet

Janet Fraser                              Tel: 416-504-9876 Ext. 204
Senior Account Executive                  Fax: 416-504-6648
Side Effects Software                     Web: http://www.sidefx.com
123 Front Street West, Suite 1401
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5J 2M2